Super Bowl Predictions

A place for participants to post topics about anything including topics not related to running.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Super Bowl Predictions

Post by Tinman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:54 am

I have to go with my homeland, so I pick the Green Bay (Greatness) Packers over the Steelers by a score of 24 to 20. I predict it will come down to who controls the ball in the 4th quarter and turnovers.
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

BoilerTom90

Re: Super Bowl Predictions

Post by BoilerTom90 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 pm

I'm going Packers, 31-28, with Packers kicking the fg to win it.

Still, seeing NO win it, and Brees the MVP, last year was the best super bowl I could have asked for.  This year I won't be stressing as  much.

incarnadine

Post by incarnadine » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Just hoping Roethlisberger loses.

ap4305

Post by ap4305 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:11 pm

GB 24-17.

Having seen way too much of the Steelers as a longtime Ravens fan, I think if the Steelers have any vulerability it is in their pass defense.  Teams have had success spreading the field with four wideouts and picking on the Pittsburgh corners.  However, it puts a lot of pressure on the QB to make a quick read because Pittsburgh always has pressure coming and you never know where it will come from.  If GB can get one or two decent running plays off early in the game it would certainly open things up for the pass even more.  I think GB has enough rhythm in their passing game right now (peaking at the right time) to challenge the Pittsburgh pass defense.  You can't run on Pittsburgh for an entire game but one or two decent runs would be enough to change the flow.  As far as GB on defense/Pitt on offense, the Steelers kill you with Ben making big plays out of broken plays.  I think GB has the personnel both in the front seven and in the secondary to keep these to a minimum, however.  The Pittsburgh run game is formidable, but Mendenhall has had problems holding onto the ball at times.   

Also, having seen the train wreck that Brett Favre has become, it would be nice to see Green Bay fully vindiated for putting their faith in Rodgers a few years ago.   
Allan Phillips
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Tinman athlete since 2003
www.ventanapt.physio
IG: @thekettlebelldoc

dwang_71

Post by dwang_71 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:59 am

GB 28- 17
I am pulling for Aaron Rodgers since he is from my alma mater.