Adam Goucher - Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia

A place for participants to post their own, or other racing reports and information. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Adam Goucher - Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia

Post by Ron » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Adam Goucher will be racing this coming Sunday in the Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon. He's hoping to qualify for the 2012 Marathon Olympic Trails by running sub-65. Good Luck Adam!!

Adam has a really well written blog of his thoughts about the past, present and future here: http://www.blog.runtheedge.com/2011/09/adam-goucher-olympic-dreams/

-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

BillyJoeJimBo

Re: Adam Goucher - Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia

Post by BillyJoeJimBo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I think as impressive if not more is Vyacheslav Shabunin's 1:03.54  -  At 41 years old that's smoking fast.

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tinman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:18 am

You are right BillyJoeJimBom, sub-1:04 for the half-marathon for a 41 year old is fast. I still boggles my mind that the Mexican runner ran 2:08 and change for the marathon (he was 40 or 41 years old, I think).
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

BillyJoeJimBo

Post by BillyJoeJimBo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:12 pm

I've been following Shabunin since the 2008 olympics.  He was probably the oldest runner in the field yet he ran 3:42 in the 1500m heats.  It's great to see he's still throwing down some good times.  Interestingly, his PR in the HM is listed as 1:01:29 and that was back in 1996.  So the years have been kind to him.  You might call him the Russian version of the USA's Jim Sorensen.