Readiness and predictability to workload

Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

runkona

Readiness and predictability to workload

Post by runkona » Wed May 20, 2015 7:32 am

An interesting thought, the next Time yo do your cv give a thought to your heat rate viability. Every interval hit the lap button, every repeat the same, for the idea is to track your heat rate recovery between sets. Over time your should see a pattern to a lower heart rate perhaps by 1-2 bpm. More data is more useful and I think a gauge for you to know whether you are under or over training or not seeing any improvement. The greater the heart rate drops the more likely you are improving and can move on to increasing speed or time in the set or add another interval.

I'm using this each morning tracking my resting heart rate, my garmin heart rate strap has the ability to track the heart beat wave interval , this data I use kubiosHRV. Over the coming 6 months I'll know whether I will hit a overtraining stage and each morning it will act as a check on my ability to be either a threshold effort, recovery effort or a rest day.