Workouts to Improve Lactate Clearing Rates

Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

runkona

Workouts to Improve Lactate Clearing Rates

Post by runkona » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:46 am

http://m.runnersworld.com/workouts/work ... ring-rates
And here
http://maximumperformancerunning.blogsp ... rkout.html

Found this article rather interesting, having had success with cv, and with another article that said HIT high intensity training done one per week for 8 weeks had produced benefits of around 7% improvement

Your thoughts?
Age is just a number after your name

runthe8

Re: Workouts to Improve Lactate Clearing Rates

Post by runthe8 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:24 am

I have often wondered about adding some focused workouts to improve lactate clearance for my sons, but I am so hesitant to try anything too crazy since they running well on CV and tempo.  My sophomore doesn't even seem to know what it feels like when those hydrogen ions start multiplying- I'm not sure he's raced himself hard enough to get to that point (or maybe there is some other explanation?  Maybe he just is naturally good at clearing lactate?  I don't totally understand the physiology behind why some are better than others if they are equally well trained).  I look forward to hearing what others think about these workouts.  I know we have talked about 'wave tempos' before on here.

runkona

Re: Workouts to Improve Lactate Clearing Rates

Post by runkona » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:16 am

Laid off from training for 3 mths finding a wave workout is useful to bolster or aka speed up my fitness to where it was, I'm right on the point now ready for racing helping me to focus on minute detail. I've enjoyed the change of pace
Age is just a number after your name